CTNext awarded grants to five early-stage Connecticut companies at the most recent Entrepreneur Innovation Awards, held April 25, in Haddam, CT.
Following presentations from 10 finalists, the judges awarded $10,000 grand prizes to the following companies:
- Obsidian Advanced Manufacturing, New Haven — Developing an industrial metallic 3D printer
- SkySqueegee, Stamford — Vertical-plane robots designed to wash windows for commercial buildings/skyscrapers
- TargetArm, Ridgefield — Developing Talon, a universal launch and recovery platform for unmanned aerial vehicles
- WAVE Drowning Detection Systems, Westport — Detection systems to help prevent swimmers from drowning
- WealthConductor, Hartford – Financial technology, software and strategies to help brokers and clients with retirement planning
Additionally, the $2,000 Crowd Favorite award was given to WAVE Drowning Detection Systems, while TargetArm of Ridgefield took home the $2,000 Judges’ Favorite prize.
The five companies, all Connecticut-based, were among 10 startups that presented their project ideas to a panel of judges for an opportunity to secure $10,000 awards to help support business growth.
Additional presenters included
- AIRPower, New Haven
- Career in STEM®, North Windham
- Determinant Materials, Monroe
- Lactation Innovations, Canterbury
- Spinrise Technologies, New Haven
Learn More About CTNext
www.ctnext.com | Facebook | Twitter