The Hartford/East Hartford Innovation Places Team is looking for a motivated, creative self-starter who wants to help make our community a visible hub of innovation and entrepreneurship activity.
The Program Manager will support the Director in executing a new strategy, designed by a wide array of Hartford and East Hartford’s anchor institutions, to help strengthen the environment for local ventures, and attract more high-growth ventures to our region.
The Program Manager’s initial responsibilities will include designing interaction opportunities and managing day-to-day communication amongst program partners, organizing and analyzing information needed to monitor progress and measure success of individual initiatives, and other key functions related to program launch and implementation. The Program Manager will also provide support in the development and management of financial and compliance systems for the initiative.
However, as we transition out of the launch phase of the program, there will be plenty of opportunities for professional growth and development. The type of person who will fit best within this role will be energized by the opportunity to learn on the job, develop relationships with key influencers within the community, identify areas for program growth and improvement, and act on those opportunities to create value for program partners, and the community at large.
DETAILED DUTIES FOR THE INNOVATION PLACES PROGRAM MANAGER
- Serve as the primary point of contact for program partners (Initiative Leads) and other community stakeholders
- Organize Innovation Places events
- Collect and organize data from Initiative Leads
- Schedule and establish agendas for meetings amongst Initiative Leads
- Develop and execute a communication and community outreach strategy for Hartford/East Hartford Innovation Place
- Capture and distribute minutes from meetings with Initiative Leads and Board of Directors
- Monitor initiative progress against milestones, evaluate program effectiveness, and capture lessons learned from program partners
- Serve as the primary point of contact for fiduciary agent
- Collect financial information from fiduciary agent, and prepare regular budget reports
- Organize information and draft reports for CTNext (program funder) and Board of Directors
- Draft and distribute RFPs for sub-contractors for services such as marketing, cluster and asset mapping
- Bachelor’s degree in business, entrepreneurship or related field.
- Three to five years of experience in program administration, business or in an entrepreneurial setting.
- Proven flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion and experience resolving problems efficiently, effectively and independently.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering information with a high degree of accuracy while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products and the ability to learn new software as necessary.
- Proven experience planning, organizing and executing events.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively and collaboratively with multiple public and private stakeholders.
- Willingness and ability to work nights and weekends, as needed.
- Experience working in a startup, with entrepreneurs, and/or economic development initiatives
- Demonstrated experience supporting a grant funded or foundation funded program.
- Experience creating or managing a program management tools, including a database.
- Experience developing and executing effective marketing and communications strategies
- Experience creating and updating websites and other digital marketing tools.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and references to Hartford/East Hartford Innovation Place Director, Michelle Cote: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until September 15, 2017.