INSURANCE MARKET SUMMIT, HARTFORD, CT
The 2017 Insurance Market Summit will take place Wednesday, November 15 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford, CT.
The signature event is hosted by the Connecticut Insurance & Financial Services (CT IFS). An initiative of the MetroHartford Alliance, CT IFS is a statewide business association dedicated to the advancement of insurance and financial services companies in Connecticut.
The 2017 Summit will showcase unique perspectives from prominent insurance leaders, companies, and change agents on innovative topics including:
- Artificial intelligence
- Autonomous vehicles
- Global Accelerator Insights
- The Internet of Things (IoT)
- Organizational Culture
- Strategic Innovation
The full-day agenda will focus on “Changing the Game,” exploring ground-breaking technology, algorithms informing strategy, and thought leadership propelling mainstay and emerging companies in Connecticut.
Saeed Amidi, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Plug and Play Tech Center, will deliver the summit keynote. A seasoned entrepreneur, Amidi has more than 28 years of experience founding, operating, and growing successful companies in the United States and abroad. Plug and Play connects startups to corporations and invests in more than 100 companies yearly.
In addition to networking opportunities throughout the day, the event includes three panel discussions:
C-Suite Panel Discussion
- Moderator: John A. Wilcox, Chief Strategy and Ventures Officer, The Hartford
- Robert DiMuccio, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Amica
- Peter Tedone, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Vantis Life Insurance Company
- Paul Tyler, Chief Marketing Officer, The Phoenix Companies, Inc.
Next Gen Workforce Panel
Internal culture is critical to nourishing and sustaining innovation: new skill sets and aptitudes are in-demand, and with them come new approaches and expectations.
- Kimberly Bishop, Executive Director, Hartford Young Professionals & Entrepreneurs (HYPE)
- Ellen DiVerniero, Head of Talent Management, Talent Acquisition and Enterprise Development, Aetna
- Mitch Jackson, Scrum Master; IT Project Manager, Optum
Connecticut-driven innovation across the insurance space, from mainstay to emerging companies.
- Moderator: Michelle Cote, Managing Director, Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, UConn
- Beth Maerz, Vice President Strategy and Execution, Travelers
- Devi Mohanty, Vice President Strategy, Innovation and Strategic Ventures, The Hartford
- Sabine VanderLinden, Chief Executive Officer, InsurTech Business, Startupbootcamp