The Northeastern Economic Developers Association (NEDA) 2016 Annual Awards Committee has selected the MetroHartford Alliance to be recognized with the NEDA Marketing Award for Branding of Economic Development Organizations in a community of over 50,000 population.
The Innovation Destination Hartford website will be recognized with NEDA’s Best in Show Award.
“The MetroHartford Alliance is honored to receive this recognition,” says John Shemo, Economic Development Director at the Alliance. “Innovation Destination Hartford was designed to showcase and serve the Greater Hartford region’s entrepreneurial community. After nearly a year since its launch, our website has had more than 15,000 unique visitors with a strong following from New York City and Boston.”
He adds, “We’re thrilled to see the Innovation Destination Hartford website is making an impact and spreading the word about our region throughout the Northeast.”
The marketing award entries were judged based on the following criteria:
- Unique and trend-setting use of economic development tools and concepts
- Overall creativity and branding effectiveness
- Clarity of messaging toward target audience
- Organization, presentation of information and data quality
- Marketing program effectively conveys the means and methods of the economic development professional
The awards will be presented to the MetroHartford Alliance and Innovation Destination Hartford at the NEDA Annual Conference. This year’s theme is Transportation at the Crossroads: The Economic Developer’s Road Map. The conference will take place September 11 – 13 in New Haven, CT. Premiere speakers include:
- Dannel Malloy, Connecticut Governor
- Congressman Bill Shuster, Chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- The Honorable Toni Harp, Mayor of New Haven
- Catherine Smith, Commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development
- James Redeker, Commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Transportation
- Parris N. Glendening, Former Maryland Governor
- Alissa DeJonge, Vice President of Research, Connecticut Economic Resource Center
The MetroHartford Alliance competes aggressively and successfully for jobs, talent, and capital for the Hartford region and works to ensure that the Hartford region is a premier place for all people to live, work, play, and raise a family. Learn more at www.metrohartford.com.
An initiative of the MetroHartford Alliance, Innovation Destination Hartford showcases and serves the Greater Hartford region’s entrepreneurial community. The website features Connecticut-area startups, entrepreneurs, and events that make up the region’s entrepreneurial community. IDH also provides resources to start and grow local businesses. Visit www.innovationhartford.com.
The Northeastern Economic Developers Association (NEDA) provides resources for advancing organizations’ missions, creating effective regional economic development programs, and promoting regional cooperation and learning through leadership and professional networking. Learn more at www.nedaonline.org.