Small Business Saturday is November 30, 2019. While big-box stores and online shopping offer convenience—why not have a more personal experience and support local your community of local business owners during the holiday season?
“Shopping local now and throughout the year is essential to helping the economy of Hartford,” emphasizes Hartford Flavor Company Co-Founder Lelaneia Dubay. “Small businesses are the engine of a good economy in any city,” she adds. “We’re so proud to be located in this growing city and we’re dedicated to helping the economy here in Hartford.”
Hartford has plenty of new and longstanding businesses to meet everyone’s needs.
For example, Salvin’s Shoes Inc. has been an established retail business in the Hartford community for more than 90 years. “Our success and longevity are due to our loyal customers who continue to support small business owners,” says Owner Joan Shoham.
What holiday gathering isn’t complete without chips and salsa? This year, shop local from Pan De Oro Tortilla Chips, which is owned and manufactured by Hartford-based Severance Foods, Inc. “As a Hartford-based small business, we’re proud to be the largest family-owned private label manufacturer of tortilla chips in the northeast,” says Rick Stevens, Vice President of Business Development and son of the Founder of Severance.
Looking for more gift ideas?
- Camera Bar offers cameras and gear for the photographer in your life.
- Cull Books has a selection of multicultural books and specializes in African-American heritage throughout the past, present, and future.
- Hartford Demin Co. makes handmade, high-quality jeans, workshirts, jackets, aprons, totes with unlimited repairs.
- Hartford Prints! is all about everything Hartford. The store offers letterpress stationery, urban streetwear, and locally sourced goods.
- IdleWilde Printing Co. offers graphic design and screen printing services in the historic Parkville neighborhood.
- GimaSport offers custom t-shirts, team uniforms, and corporate apparel.
- Living Word Imprints started as a home-based business in 1995 and has expanded its services and products to include screen printing, embroidery, promotional items, signs and banners, caps and jackets.
- Painting with a Twist offers gift cards, so you can offer an artistic experience to friends and family.
- Morneault’s Stackpole Moore Tryon has been providing women’s and men’s apparel for 45 years in downtown Hartford.
- Naturally Dogs and Cats opened in 2014 as part of the City of Hartford’s iConnect program and offers a variety of natural and locally sourced pet products
- The Penthouse Cigar Lounge offers a large selection of cigars for aficionados.
- The Tobacco Shop is one of the oldest premier Tobacconists in Connecticut where you can find tobacco products, foreign and domestic, as well as pipes and accessories.
- Vasu Tribe, located in the Arbor Arts Building, offers gift certificates and herbal products to help relax and restore.