reSET has announced the acceptance of 11 Connecticut-based startups into its 2022 Impact Accelerator. The 2022 participants include a mother-daughter team publishing company, two skincare companies, a sustainable home goods maker, an eco cafe, and a variety of amazing food products.
“Connecticut is a great place to start a business, and we have an opportunity here to really stand out as a place that prioritizes sustainability and social impact,” noted reSET Executive Director Sarah Bodley. “The past two years have forced entrepreneurs to be more nimble than ever, not only to stay afloat through the pandemic, but just as importantly, to meet the needs of consumers in a changing world.”
The 2022 cohort will have three intensive months to work together to accelerate individual business growth through peer feedback, mentorship, and one-on-one guidance from reSET. Christine Sullivan, a small business consultant who focuses on social impact businesses, will be facilitating this year’s program. The reSET Impact Accelerator Advisory Board is lending their expertise and connections to reviewing and selecting this cohort. This year’s board welcomed the addition of two reSET alumni.
reSET 2022 Advisory Board Members
- Dorothy Adams, Capital for Change
- Aaron Bohigian, Webster Bank
- Janet Harris, Small Business Consultant
- Dinika Hightower, reSET alumni Northend Rose
- Sam King, reSET alumni Blue Earth Compost
- Ramon Peralta, Peralta Designs
- Steven Taylor, Berkshire Bank
The program will culminate with the Venture Showcase, when participating entrepreneurs will share their updated business plans and vision for growth in front of an audience of including investors, collaborators, and mentors. Accepted participants are given access to reSET’s coworking space located in Parkville to be used as a place of business during the program.
reSET 2022 Impact Accelerator Cohort Members
- Breakfast Belle – has been making authentic Southern-style cuisine since 2015, specializing in breakfast and brunch, and offers two products for retail sale: Bamma Fish Fry Seasoned Seafood Cornmeal and Breakfast Belle Hot Sauce
- Eco Evolution – a low-waste marketplace and ethical retail store that sells consumer products for the home, bath, body, kitchen, laundry as well as vintage and upcycled products
- The Greener Gift – an earth-conscious business with two main focuses: consciously produced textile goods that are designed to support a greener lifestyle and shame-free eco-education and empowerment
- History Chip — provides a platform for everyone in the world—including women, people of color, and other marginalized groups—to add their true stories to our fully searchable online archive
- HR Zoom – a brand featuring trendy merchandise promoting diversity, social equity, empowerment, and all things related to workplace culture
- Ital Creations – a natural body care company specializing in educating the community on effective self/skincare and products that are safe for the skin
- Jodi Cup of Health– all-natural handmade products “made with love to enhance your Divine Beauty”
- Lauren Simone Publishing – a Hartford-based publishing service that empowers youth and connects aspiring diverse authors with diverse illustrators to create diverse and inclusive children’s books for all to enjoy
- Momentum Life Mastery Coaching – supports individuals and groups using a holistic approach to facilitate customized coaching programs, workshops, and 1:1 personal development services
- More Than A Coloring Book – a therapy tool inspired by people of color around the world that provides coloring pages, inspirational quotes, and journaling space
- SoChill –a CBD lifestyle brand promoting self-care culture via ethically sourced hemp products
2022 Impact Accelerator Kickoff
The 2022 Impact Accelerator Kickoff takes place Thursday, March 10 from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. and will include a small in-person audience of VIP guests as well as a virtual audience. Each startup will give a one-minute pitch highlighting their plan for growth and impact.
Mayor Luke Bronin of Hartford and CTNext Executive Director Onyeka Obiocha will join reSET in welcoming the entrepreneurs to Hartford as they build their companies in Connecticut’s capital.