Through collaboration with Breakfast Lunch & Dinner (BLD) and reSET, the Retail Incubator program will support entrepreneurs ready to sell their unique products in Hartford and beyond. The program is open to those ready to launch a passion-project or those who are already in business and looking to grow.
Applications are open for the reSET Retail Business Incubator, which will run September through October 2021. The eight-week program will cover the basics of business planning and what it takes to create a strong, agile business during the challenging times of the COVID-19 era including:
- Creating a business plan and elevator pitch
- Understanding your customer
- Developing an online presence
- Marketing and branding
- Pricing your products
- Getting to market
- Understanding and accessing resources to grow
In addition, reSET + BLD will support entrepreneurs by connecting them with experienced mentors, potential investors, and access to resources, like pop-up markets, market events, and art installations in and around Hartford.
reSET is particularly interested in ventures that are:
- Led by women or people of color
- Based in or around Greater Hartford
- Providing pathways for individuals to meet basic human needs including food, shelter, healthcare, or social services
- Aiming to lower the barriers of employment for vulnerable populations, such as formerly incarcerated individuals or lower-skilled workers
- Building community wealth
- Addressing a specific and measurable environmental or social problem
- Authentically promoting a message of sustainability and impact
Applications are open until August 15. Learn more and apply.