The Hartford/East Hartford Innovation Places Team is looking for a motivated, creative self-starter who wants to help make our community a visible hub of innovation and entrepreneurship activity.
The Program Manager will support the Director in executing a strategy, designed by a wide array of Hartford and East Hartford’s anchor institutions, to help strengthen the environment for local ventures, and attract more high-growth ventures to our region. This role will require skills and experience in project management, program marketing and communications, relationship building amongst diverse stakeholders, as well as program reporting and compliance.
The Program Manager’s responsibilities will include managing day-to-day communication amongst program partners, organizing and analyzing information needed to monitor progress and measure success of individual initiatives, and other key functions related to program development and administration. Additionally, the person in this role will lead business development efforts by assisting in the management of marketing, branding and communication.
This role provides a unique opportunity for professional growth and development given the unique inflection point in growth and development that Hartford, East Hartford, and the surrounding region are currently experiencing. It is also an opportunity to play a leadership role in the successful execution of a number of strategic investments in the community, and establish meaningful relationships with leaders from several of the area’s key anchor institutions.
The type of person who will fit best within this role will be energized by the opportunity to learn on the job, develop relationships with key influencers within the community, identify areas for program growth and improvement, and act on those opportunities to create value for program partners, and the community at large.
Key investors and stakeholders in this effort currently include: Cigna, City of Hartford, Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology (CCAT), Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, Connecticut Science Center, Goodwin College, Hartford HealthCare, Hartford InsurTech Hub, InsurTech Hartford, iQuilt, MakerspaceCT, MetroHartford Alliance, University of Connecticut, University of Hartford, Upward Hartford, reSET, Riverfront Recapture, Stanley + Techstars, The Hartford, Town of East Hartford, Travelers, and Trinity College.
DETAILED DUTIES FOR THE INNOVATION PLACES PROGRAM MANAGER
- Serve as the primary point of contact for program partners (Initiative Leads) and other community stakeholders
- Lead Innovation Places Marketing, Branding and Communication efforts
- Organize Innovation Places events
- Collect and organize data from Initiative Leads
- Schedule and establish agendas for meetings amongst Initiative Leads
- Capture and distribute minutes from meetings with Initiative Leads and Board of Directors
- Monitor initiative progress against milestones, evaluate program effectiveness, and capture lessons learned from program partners
- Serve as the primary point of contact for fiduciary agent
- Collect financial information from fiduciary agent, and prepare regular budget reports
- Organize information and draft reports for CTNext (program funder) and Board of Directors
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing and communications, entrepreneurship or related field.
- Three to five years of experience in program administration, business, marketing or in an entrepreneurial setting.
- Proven flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion and experience resolving problems efficiently, effectively and independently.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering information with a high degree of accuracy while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products and the ability to learn new software as necessary.
- Proven experience planning, organizing and executing events.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively and collaboratively with multiple public and private stakeholders.
- Willingness and ability to work nights and weekends, as needed.
- Experience working in a startup, with entrepreneurs, and/or economic development initiatives
- Experience working with senior corporate leaders in support, sales or administration roles
- Demonstrated experience supporting a grant funded or foundation funded program.
- Experience creating or managing a program management tools, including a database.
- Experience developing and executing effective marketing and communications strategies
- Experience creating and updating websites and other digital marketing tools.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and references to Hartford/East Hartford Innovation Places Director, Michelle Cote: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until November 30, 2018.