The University of Connecticut Family Business Program is launching its spring executive education series. Led by UConn faculty and industry professionals, sessions will run April 23 through May 23 from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m at the Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology in East Hartford.
The UConn Family Business Program is a member-driven initiative founded in 1995 to educate, connect, and add value to family-owned and entrepreneurial organizations.
The Program enables attendees to learn about the unique challenges of family and closely held firms from professionals and peers in an unbiased, confidential environment. The goal is to help family businesses develop strategies and policies that will serve to perpetuate family ownership while helping them make advances in business strategy, organizational structure, management practices, human resources, leadership development, and succession planning.
Sessions in the spring training series include:
- Family Dynamics and Communication – Tuesday April 23
- Talent & Leadership – Thursday, April 25
- Revenue & Innovation: Sales, Marketing & Social Media – Tuesday, April 30
- Operations & IT – Thursday, May 9
- Legal & Risk – Thursday, May 16
- Finance & Capital – Tuesday, May 21
- The Plan: Vision & Opportunities – Thursday, May 23
Registration is $200 for each individual session; $1,250 for a family or small business with one seat at all seven sessions. Learn more and register to attend.