Geared toward top executives and emerging business leaders, the Geno Auriemma UConn Leadership Conference is one of Connecticut’s premiere events. The next conference is scheduled for October 26 and 27, 2016 at the Mohegan Sun Convention Center in Uncasville, CT. The theme of this year’s conference will be “Leadership Transitions and Building Teams.”
The Leadership Conference provides a unique opportunity for participants to benefit from the collective knowledge and experience of distinguished business executives, thought leaders, academic authorities, and their industry peers.
Typical participants include senior and emerging business leaders from organizations, large and small, throughout Greater Hartford. The goal of the conference is to help business leaders:
- Develop career and problem-solving skills
- Gain broader managerial perspective
- Make new professional networking connections across a variety of industries
- Expand their capacity to handle personal and corporate transitions
Key speakers for the October 2016 event have been announced. “We have an outstanding line-up of business leaders for this year’s conference,’’ said Geno Auriemma, head coach of the 11-time national championship UConn Women’s Basketball Team and 2016 Associated Press Coach of the Year. “I have no doubt participants will leave with new ideas that will help them build their careers, their teams and their businesses.’’
Speakers for this year’s conference include:
- Gina Barreca, who is a New York Times bestselling author and professor of English at the University of Connecticut
- Lisa Borders, President of the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA)
- Bob Chauvin (’78), former President of Tyco SimplexGrinnell
- John Ciulla, President of Webster Bank and Webster Financial Corp.
- Anne Diamond, Chief Executive Officer of UConn’s John Dempsey Hospital/UConn Health
- Carol Juel, Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer of Synchrony Financial
- Lincoln Millstein (’77), Senior Vice President and Special Assistant to the CEO of Hearst Corp.
- Steven Raab, President, SportsNet New York (SNY)
- Peter Valenti III, Division President, Breast and Skeletal Health Solutions for Hologic Inc.
- Wendy Kahn, Chief Executive Officer of Valentino USA, Canada & Mexico
To learn more about the conference, visit genoleads.uconn.edu.